Our Sons and Daughters

>> Thursday, September 17, 2020

 


"In the last days, God says, I will pour out My Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old me will dream dreams." (Acts 2:17)

……………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Yesterday, thanks to my Rebecca, I learned that I can have "friends" on the Bible app. Last night, my two teenage grands friended me and blessed my socks off when I read their Bible app posts.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

In response to Psalm 37:4: "Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you the desires of your heart," my 13-year-old grandgirl wrote: 

I've looked over these words so much in this verse! I've known this verse as long as I can remember. I knew what it meant. I always skipped to the last part. I never even really took time to research what it meant. It was always just there.

A few days ago, when I was reading in a devotional, it hit me. It means to dedicate yourself to God; spend time with Him, pray, etc. Your desires will decrease and narrow until God is the center of your desires. He is the most important being in the entire universe and He wants us, and wants us to want Him.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Thank You, Lord Jesus, for pouring Your Spirit into the hearts and out of the mouths of the next generation!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP