Mr. Greenleaf

>> Friday, July 18, 2014

Mr. Greenleaf and his home

"Friends come and friends go, but a true friend sticks by you like family." (Prov. 18:24, The Message)

          Our first meeting was quite the calamity. 
       
          Early summer, not knowing that my watering pot was Mr. Greenleaf's home, I carried it to my laundry room and was filling it with water, when out hopped Mr. Greenleaf and out popped my shriek. The shrill noise was quite disconcerting to the little fellow who jumped about the sink desperately trying to find a hiding place from this hysterical she-human. When my squeals calmed to chuckles, he felt it safe to leap back to his pot - where I then carted tree-frog and lodging outside to the porch. 

           These days, my green friend truly sticks closer by than most family, and neither Mr. Greenleaf nor I will be surprised if one day a storybook grows from our amusing adventures together. You may be thinking, Jill, and the moral of this story is?

Beware of first impressions. Let not the looks determine your likes.  

"... for God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." (1 Sam. 16:7)

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP