Ends of the Earth

>> Thursday, February 1, 2018

"Elsie"
by talented artist, Cami Monet Webb
illustration from The Schoolhouse





Jesus said, "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be My witnesses, telling people about me everywhere - in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." (Acts 1:8)


I'm thanking the Lord this morning that a case of The Schoolhouse storybooks (that I feared had been lost) arrived in Kenya, Africa - an opportunity to tell children at the ends of the earth that God loves them so much that He sent them a Savior, and His name is Jesus.

You are God's witness, beloved. Tell people everywhere about His Son, Jesus Christ.




From The Schoolhouse:

Elsie prayed, "Father God, please help me overcome my fears. I desperately need You to grow my faith and help me to trust You no matter what troubles I face. Lord, You are my refuge and strength. There is none like You, who rides the heavens to my help: the eternal God who shelters me in everlasting arms. You gave me a job to do, and, by Your power, I’ll finish it! Let me who loves You be like the rising of the sun in its might and help my soul to march on with strength."

The remainder of that week and the next were uneventful at Shady Grove. I moved with greater vigilance on my daily walks to the schoolhouse and found myself frequently looking out the front door during class time. At recess, I constantly surveyed the roadway and the woods surrounding the schoolyard, keeping a watchful eye for unexpected prowlers. 

The children had little to say about the frightening visit from the strange woman, because, as I soon learned, she was an aunt to three of my students and no one wanted to embarrass them.

As I called roll one Friday, the woman suddenly appeared in the doorway. Every eye locked upon her. The boys and girls froze into silent stone statues, and no one spoke or moved. My hands shook so fiercely that I clasped them behind my back in an effort to hide my fear from her as well as the children. I tried to speak, but no sound came from my mouth... 


0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP