Selah

>> Friday, March 7, 2014

Me, age 2 1/2, 1959


"You are my hiding place; You preserve me from trouble; You surround me with songs of deliverance. SELAH. I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you." (Psalm 32:7-8)

               Over seventy times in the Book of Psalms, we find the word "selah" - a musical term indicating suspension of the music or a pause. The Amplified Bible translates selah as "pause and think of that." Moreover, I believe this term is best interpreted as God saying, "Stop and listen to Me." 


              Many of you know that I'll have surgery next week to remove a small malignancy from my body. God is my hiding place, and His peace within me well exceeds my understanding. During this unique season, I believe the Lord has instructed me to selah for the next two weeks - to stop teaching and writing and listen to Him.

               So, the Lord willin' and the creek don't rise, I shall return foot-loose and cancer-free to this wonderful family storybooks blog  on Monday, March 24thGod bless you, dear friends! See you in two weeks!

"The Lord watch between me and thee, when we are absent one from another." (Gen. 31:49)

   

1 comments:

Unknown March 7, 2014 at 8:08 PM  

Love you Jill! Praying for you and you are heavy in my thoughts! It is indeed a good time for a break though admittedly, I'll miss your posts!

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP