White Flag

>> Monday, March 24, 2014

Sunset over Chancellor Ferry Tree Farm
(photo by my Ben)

"God comes from Teman, the Holy One from Mt. Paran.  Selah 
His splendor covers the heavens, and the earth is full of His praise...Though the fig tree does not bud and there is no fruit on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food...yet I triumph in Yahweh; I will rejoice in the God of my salvation! Yahweh my Lord is my strength; He makes my feet like those of a deer and enables me to walk on the mountain heights!" (Hab. 3:3,17-19)

       According to wikipedia, the white flag is an internationally recognized protective sign of truce or ceasefire, but it's also used to symbolize surrender.
       Over the course of the past two Selah weeks, when the Lord said, "Hear, Jill, and I will admonish you; if you would only listen to Me! Let there be no strange god among you; nor shall you worship any foreign god" (Psalm 81:8-9), I discovered that my "strange god" was me, myself, and I! 
        "Look, my King, I'm vigorously waving the white flag! I surrender! You are the One true God and Potentate - worthy to rule - and besides You, there is no other!"
        I've joined chorus with Charles Spurgeon singing:

"If our Lord and King is exalted, then let other things go whichever way they like. If He is exalted, never mind what becomes of us. We are a set of pygmies, and it is all right if He is exalted. God's truth is safe, and we must be perfectly willing to be forgotten, derided, slandered, or anything else that men please. The cause is safe, and the King is on the throne. Hallelujah! Blessed be His name!" 1

"He must increase, but I must decrease." (John 3:30)


1 Charles Haddon Spurgeon, Holy Spirit Power (New Kensington, PA: Whitaker House, 1996), 157.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP