Up and At 'Em

>> Monday, January 30, 2017

Two-and-a-half-year-old me
1959


To make it to church by 6 a.m. for 21 Days of Prayer and Fasting (which ended last Saturday), I set my alarm for 5. Without an alarm, I woke at 6:38 this morning and laughed when I read today's Proverb:

"But you, lazybones, how long will you sleep? When will you wake up? A little extra sleep, a little more slumber...then poverty will pounce on you like a bandit; scarcity will attack you like an armed robber." (Prov. 6:9-11) 

If calculated correctly, I'll add nearly 7 days to my 2017 by getting up at 6 a.m. on weekdays instead of 6:38. So tomorrow, it's out of bed you sleepyhead!

Jesus said, "As long as it is day, we must do the works of Him who sent Me." (John 9:4) 

Up and at 'em, beloved! There's lots of Kingdom work to be done.






0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP