Exercise

>> Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Grandboy's cross-country race
(boy in black and gold)


"I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship." (Romans 12:1)


This older this ol' gal gets, the more effort it takes to keep my motor chuggin' along with just the right balance in diet, exercise, and sleep. However, although physical exercise is valuable, spiritual exercise in godliness holds value for this present life and the eternal life to come (1 Timothy 4:8).

Spiritual exercise includes: 
  • daily confessing my sins to God and receiving His forgiveness and cleansing,
  • daily feeding on a rich diet of God's Word and truth, and
  • daily offering myself to Jesus for His service - my hands, my feet, my words, my mind, my eyes, my ears, my time, my treasures, my abilities, my all.
Beloved, looking for a good New Year's resolution? Try putting spiritual exercise at the top of the list for 2019. 

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP