Stranded

>> Thursday, December 13, 2018

grandboy



"...Once far away from God... separated from Him by our evil thoughts and actions... He rescued us from the kingdom of darkness and transferred us into the Kingdom of His dear Son, who purchased our freedom and forgave our sins." (Colossians 1:21,13-14)


Yesterday, the grandboys and I found ourselves stranded in make-believe woods - helpless with no hope of escape! So, we gathered firewood...

other grandboy

trapped rabbits and quail, and roasted them over a hot fire.


Made hickory-nut stew...


and brown-leaf salad,


and desperately longed for rescue. The End.


Hmmm... that reminds me.

Yesteryear, I found myself stranded in the fallen, real world, helpless with no hope of escape! So, I just did the best I could and desperately prayed for rescue. And God so loved me, that He sent His one and only Son, Jesus, who rescued me out of darkness through His ultimate sacrifice - death on a cross - and brought me into His marvelous Kingdom of Light. And that's the end of my beginning. 

Beloved, are you stranded or rescued?


0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP