Running to Win

>> Friday, June 21, 2019

grandboys



"Don't you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? Run to win!" (1 Corinthians 9:24)


The three-year-old and five-year-old grandboy/brothers entered their very first BMX strider-bike races last weekend, and won 1st and 2nd places in all three races. Woohoo!

In his letter to the Corinthians, the Apostle Paul compares the Christian life to an athletic competition. According to the Moody Bible Commentary, Paul may have had in mind the Isthmian Games held in Corinth. Contestants trained ten months and exercised in the gymnasium for thirty days before the games began. In comparison, everything Paul did was a calculated, disciplined effort to make gains for the gospel of Jesus Christ.

"When I was with the Jews, I lived like a Jew to bring the Jews to Christ. When I was with those who follow the Jewish Law, I too lived under that Law...so I could bring to Christ those who are under the Law. When I am with the Gentiles who do not follow Jewish Law, I too live apart from the Law so I can bring them to Christ...Yes, I try to find common ground with everyone, doing everything I can to save some. I do everything to spread the Good News and share in its blessings." (1 Corinthians 9:20-23)

Are you in the Gospel race, beloved? Running to win lost souls for Christ?

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP