Benefit of the Doubt

>> Friday, December 20, 2019

Our Rebecca and grandboy


"Love is patient; love is kind...it keeps no record of wrongs...It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." (1 Corinthians 13:4-7)


Recently, while my Rebecca was teaching first graders math, a little fellow (known for his mischief) raised his hand and asked, "Teacher, can I draw on my paper?"

Rebecca: "No, you may not draw on your paper."

Little fellow: "Well, Johnny's drawing on his paper."

Thinking he was trying to tattletale, Rebecca said, "Don't worry about Johnny. You may not draw on your paper."

When another teacher came in the room, the little fellow jumped from his seat and asked, "Can I draw on my paper?"

Rebecca: "I've already told him he can't draw on his paper. He's just trying to get Johnny in trouble. Now, go sit down."

Near the end of the lesson, Rebecca noticed the little fellow's answer sheet was completely blank. She said, "Why haven't you written down the answers?"

Little fellow: "'Cause you said I couldn't draw on my paper."

Needless to say, Rebecca gave him an apology, a big hug, and the clarification that he could write on his paper. Smile.

Spending time with a difficult relative this Christmas, beloved? Give them the benefit of the doubt with patience, kindness, and unconditional love.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP