Practice What You Preach

>> Friday, November 13, 2015

"me"
(posing for "Mrs. Willowkins" illustration in Mr. Greenleaf's Unforgettable Summer)


Jesus said, "Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in Me." (John 14:1 NLT)



Yesterday, after writing a Bible lesson on God's peace amidst life storms, I received some unsettling news. (My family and I, by the way, are fine; someone I love dearly, however, isn't.) I confess that I didn't find God's peace until this morning when I asked Jesus to increase my faith.

The opposite of fear and worry? Faith in Jesus Christ - the ONLY One who is able to comfort the brokenhearted, set captives free, give beauty for ashes, joy for mourning, and replace despair with praise (Isa. 61:1-3).

Beloved, practice what you preach. Be doers of the Word and not hearers only. If you look carefully into the perfect Law of God that sets you free, and if you do what it says and don't forget what you heard, then God will bless you for doing it (James 1:22-25).


0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP