Ladies

>> Friday, November 30, 2018

Christmas party, Fort Payne, AL, 1960
Back L-R: Opie Hawkins (half), Elizabeth Owen, Hazel Sauls,
Doris Chambers, Arleen Igou, Verna Watson (my mother)
Front: little Shannon Sauls


"Teach the older women to live in a way that honors God...These older women must train the younger women to love their husbands and their children, to live wisely and be pure, to work in their homes, to do good, and to be submissive to their husbands. Then they will not bring shame on the word of God." (Titus 2:3-5)


In my experience, women of the 50s and 60s were ladies in every sense of the word, and anyone of those pictured above could have given June Cleaver a run for her money. Dedicated to family. Soft-spoken and kind. Her husband's best friend and cheerleader. No, not housekeepers, but homemakers.

Recently, I believe the Lord assigned me the daunting task of teaching Titus 2:3-5 in a Bible study to younger wives and moms of the 21st Century. Help me, Lord!

Facing a daunting task, beloved? Look to the Lord and obey.

"Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age" (Matthew 28:20). ~ Jesus Christ






0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP