Walkin' in High Cotton

>> Friday, November 9, 2018

grandboys



"Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vines; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren...yet I will rejoice in the LORD! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation! (Habakkuk 3:17-18)




In the antebellum (pre-Civil War) days of the South, the term "high cotton" meant crops were good, prices were good, life was good and prosperous.

In the Old Testament, we find the prophet, Habakkuk, in a quandary: How can a good God allow things to get so bad? God's answer? The righteous must live by faith; trust Me. The book ends with Habakkuk's song of praise to his God who works all things for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose (Romans 8:28).

Beloved, are you struggling to reconcile a good God with hard times? Walk by faith in the God of your eternal salvation! 

"I have heard all about You, LORD. I am filled with awe by Your amazing works. In this time of our deep need, help us again as You did in years gone by...I will be joyful in the God of my salvation. The Sovereign LORD is my strength!" (Habakkuk 3:2,18,19)

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP