At Work To This Day

>> Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Waterside Inn
Sanibel Island, Florida



"My Father is always at His work to this very day..." (John 5:17)


Newly improved Waterside Inn on Sanibel Island has been our very favorite getaway destination for eleven years now—an oasis for physical, spiritual, mental, and marital refreshment.

The Gospel of John tells us that in Jesus-day Jerusalem a pool called Bethesda sat near the Sheep Gate. One day at this pool known for its healing qualities, the Savior approached a man who had been an invalid for thirty-eight years and asked him, "Do you want to get well?" After the man answered that he had no one to help him into the pool, Jesus said to him, "Get up! Pick up your mat and walk." At once the man was cured.

Because the healing took place on the Sabbath, the Jewish leaders began to persecute Jesus. In self-defense He said to them, "My Father is always at His work to this very day, and I too am working."

Beloved, never believe that you have no one to help you. The Father and Jesus are at work to this very day!


Cordage of the cares of life twine
Round about this heart of mine
And creep into my thoughts at night,
Invade my soul and choke it tight.

Then one day my toes touched sand
Along the shore beside my man
And rode a bike built just for two
Then watched the sun drop out of view.

In one short while I was astounded
My vines of woe could not be founded
Somehow they slipped away from me
And silently drifted out to see

Ahhh
How grand 'twould be to walk about
With no fears, no woes, no doubt
With heart at peace and mind at rest
My disposition at its best.

Then these words I did recall
An invitation for one, for all.
"Give Me your cares," My Jesus said.
"Lie down in peace upon your bed.
For I am greater than the sea.
Let go, let woes drift up to Me."

OUT TO SEA, by Jill Watson Glassco. Written on Sanibel Island, 2012.




0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP