Who To Ask First

>> Wednesday, May 22, 2019

my superman
still water skiing at 64


"Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything." (Ephesians 5:24)


Okay, wives, who do you ask first?

Yesterday, I had an important decision to make, so I asked my superman his advice. He answered, "No, I don't think that's a good idea. We just don't have enough information."

In my Bible study groups, I often ask young wives, "Who should you ask first, your husband or God." The majority of the time, they answer God. I beg to differ. Now, hold on before you stone me. I'll state my case. 

The Word of God clearly instructs wives to submit unto their husbands in everything as the church submits to Jesus Christ.   Therefore, if I ask God first and He says yes, then ask my husband and he says no, we have conflict. When I ask my husband first and follow his advice, I am obeying God's command and the answer my husband gives me is then between him and God. (Exception to the rule: if a husband gives sinful instruction such as go rob a bank, then the wife must defer to her higher authority—Almighty God.)

Have a decision to make, beloved? Follow God's politically-incorrect-but-absolutely-true lines of authority.

"But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is the man, and the head of Christ is God." (1 Corinthians 11:3)









0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP