Happy Anniversary, Superman

>> Tuesday, September 10, 2019

my superman and me
2014



"May he kiss me with the kisses of his mouth, for your love is better than wine." (Song of Solomon 1:2)


Forty-two years ago today, I walked down an aisle and into the arms of Phillip Glassco, and, all praise to Jesus, I've never left.

Happy 42nd annniversary, superman!

More than the greatest love the world has known,
This is the love I give you alone.
More than the simple words I try to say,
I only live to love you more each day.
More than you'll ever know, my arms long to hold you so.
My life will be in your keeping, waking, 
sleeping, laughing, weeping.
Longer than always is a long, long time, 
but far beyond forever you are gonna be mine.
I know I've never lived before
and my heart is very sure
No one else could love you more.1

1 MORE. Riz Ortolani and Nino Olivierpo, 1962.
(Sung by Polly Ireland at our wedding)

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP