Mary and Thumper

>> Monday, December 20, 2021

grandboys on the mountain top



"I will work hard to make sure you always remember these things after I am gone." (2 Peter 1:15)




Saturday, the grandboys and I climbed to the top of the mountain behind their house. On the way up, we found a patch of British Soldier moss. 




My mind rewound to 1968

Camp Juliette Low.



Mary.



And Thumper.



When Mary Igou, my best friend since birth, Sharon Abbott, Angela Killian,  and I went to the Girl Scout Camp Juliette Low in Cloudland, Georgia the summer of 1968, she was extremely homesick. While the other girls and I canoed, rode horseback, and made campfires, Mary followed Thumper, the camp nurse, around the woods learning moss identification. (Mary would later teach me to recognize British Soldier moss.) Here's a snapshot Daddy took of me (Mama, Grandmama, my brother Mark, and Mr. Abbott are in the background).



One purpose of this blog is to record sweet memories for my grandkids to have after I'm gone. 



In his second letter to scattered believers, Peter knew his earthly life would soon end. So, he reminded them of the divine power Christ had given them for a godly life, and encouraged them to add to their faith goodness, knowledge, self-control, perseverance, godliness, affection, and love. "For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure," he wrote, "they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ."



This Christmas week, beloved, remember. Remember that Christ has given you everything you need for a godly life through your knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Glory to God in the Highest!





0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP