Selfish Ambition

>> Thursday, December 2, 2021

 

grandgirl Anya (left)
at our book signing 2017
(Anya is an award-winning, young artist and has illustrated six of my books)



"For wherever there is jealousy and selfish ambition, there you will find disorder and evil of every kind. But the wisdom from above is first of all pure, peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and the fruit of good deeds. It shows no favoritism and is always sincere." (James 3:16-17)


Confession: I contemplated imploring my blog readers to hop over to Amazon.com today and order one of my children's books for Christmas, but then repented and turned in a different direction.

When it comes to the books, I constantly have to ask the Lord to weed my heart of selfish ambition (book sales) and cultivate the desire for God's purposes to be accomplished (feeding His sheep the Word of God through stories).

Beloved, how's the garden of your heart today? Overgrown with selfish ambition or fruitfully (is that a word?) producing God's good purposes?

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP