Beyond My Ablities

>> Friday, January 28, 2022

 

my beloved friend
Mattie B. Taylor
1907-2006




"God will make this happen, for He who calls you is faithful." (1 Thessalonians 5:24)


My beloved friend, Mattie B. Taylor, learned to read as a custodian at Carver Elementary School. She told me that she would clean the classrooms "real slow" and listen to the teachers.


God's next-year's book assignment for me is exceedingly beyond my abilities and extremely out of my comfort zone: write an Alabama story set in the  the 1960s during integration. 

Help, Lord!

(I was a third grader when schools integrated in my hometown. So, I'm contacting classmates and listening to their stories. If you have a story to share from integration days, I'd love to hear it. You can contact me at: misjill413@aol.com) 





0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP