Dig Another Well

>> Thursday, January 13, 2022

 

my boys and grandboys
Orange Beach, Alabama
2021


"Jacob went from there and dug yet another well. But there was no fighting over this one so he named it Rehaboth (Wide-Open Spaces), saying, "Now God has given us plenty of space to spread out in the land." (Genesis 26:22)



In my eleven years of writing, although I've experienced small accomplishments, I have yet to author a successful book by the world's standards. Therefore, with each publication, I ask, "Lord, am I to write another one?" 



In Genesis chapter twenty-six, we find Isaac struggling for the land's resources. But each time Canaanite herdsmen confiscated a well the patriarch had dug, he moved on and dug another. Isaac's story inspires me to "dig another well," — write another children's book that offers the Living Water of God's Word to the Father's sheep and lambs.



Beloved, thinking of throwing in the towel? Persevere and dig another well. 



0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP