A Thumb Story

>> Monday, May 16, 2022

 

grandboy



"... Make the most of every opportunity you have for doing good. Don't act thoughtlessly, but try to find out and do whatever the Lord wants you to." (Ephesians 5:15-17)


Our God has a sense of humor. 

So, a couple of weeks ago, my sweet cousin had thumb surgery. It was a busy week for me. I prayed for her but did nothing to help her. 

The following Saturday night (out of the blue — literally), my left thumb began to hurt. It made me think of Belinda, so I prayed for her again.

Sunday night, the same thing happened. Around bedtime, my left thumb was in pain. I prayed, "Lord, please heal Belinda's thumb."

The pain got worse.

"Okay, okay, Lord, I hear You! I'll fix a meal and take it to her family tomorrow night!"

The next day, I cooked chicken and rice casserole, green beans, rolls, and M & M cookies and delivered it to Belinda's doorstep. My thumb hasn't hurt since. (Smile)

Oswald Chambers wrote: "We have to get into the habit of carefully listening to God about everything, forming the habit of finding out what He says and heeding it."

Beloved, pay attention, pay attention and do whatever the Lord tells you to do!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP