Warriors

>> Monday, November 12, 2012


Capt. W. W. Watson, WWII


"Blessed be the Lord, my Rock, who trains my hands for war,
my fingers for battle; My Lovingkindness and my Fortress,
My Stronghold and my Deliverer,
My Shield and He in whom I take refuge..."
Psalm 144:1-2 NASB


My maternal great grandfather served in the Mexican-American War. My paternal great, great grandfather fought in the Civil War. My paternal grandfather fought in France in WWI. After graduating from the University of Alabama, my father served in the U.S. Army during WWII in the Philippines, New Guinea, and Japan. My brother served in the US National Guard, and our son served eight years in the U.S. Marine Corps, which included deployment to Iraq.
 
            Out of a military heritage, a new Christian storybook for families is in the works!
Preview:
The ageing World War II veteran kept to himself most of the time. No one in Ebenezer, Alabama knew much about him except that he had been “married” to the army and seemed to have no close friends or family. Bethany had served him once at the diner, but Rachel had never even laid eyes on the mysterious man living in isolation behind those impenetrable gates.
Stay tuned for more details!

         "The Lord your God is among you, a warrior who saves...!" (Zeph. 3:17 HCS)

                  (My first book, The Schoolhouse, is available online at: Amazon.com)




0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP