HARK the Herald!

>> Thursday, December 11, 2014

L-R - My dear mother, me, and my Rebecca
Christmas 1994



"Anyone with ears to hear must LISTEN to the Spirit and understand what He is saying to the churches." (Rev. 3:6)





                 Years ago, only because I love my daughter dearly did I reluctantly agree to partner with her in a piano duet of "HARK the Herald Angels Sing" at a children's Christmas program in Pine Bluff, Arkansas. Both a bit nervous, once we began, momentum escalated, and our fingers literally sprinted toward the final chord. Afterward, our friend, Earl, said, "I think that was the fastest rendition of "HARK the Herald Angels Sing" I've ever heard."

                 In that timeless Christmas hymn, Charles Wesley urged believers to HARK, i.e. LISTEN to,  and join the angelic song of glorious praise to Jesus - the King who reconciles sinners to God and will one day bring perfect peace on earth.


HARK the herald of God! He speaks everyday through His Word and His Spirit. Throughout this Christmas season, are you LISTENING?


HARK the herald angels sing,
"Glory to the newborn King!
Peace on earth and mercy mild
God and sinners reconciled."
Joyful, all ye nations rise
Join the triumph of the skies
With angelic host proclaim:
"Christ is born in Bethlehem."
HARK the herald angels sing,
"Glory to the newborn King!"1




1 HARK THE HERALD ANGELS SING. Charles Wesley, 1739.


0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP