I'll Be HOME for Christmas

>> Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Capt. William Winfred Watson (middle) 
(My daddy, Dec. 23, 1921 - June 5, 1994)
U.S. Army, Japan, 1945



"Look and see! For everyone is coming HOME! Your sons are coming from distant lands; your little daughters will be carried HOME." (Isaiah 60:4)


            Because an ocean and a world war separated my parents for two Christmases, the carole, "I'll be HOME for Christmas," always made my mother cry:


I'll be HOME for Christmas
You can plan on me
Please have snow and mistletoe
And presents on the tree

Christmas Eve will find me
Where the love light gleams
I'll be HOME for Christmas
If only in my dreams 1

In John 14:2-3, Jesus said, "There is more than enough room in my Father's HOME... I am going to prepare a place for you. When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so you will always be with Me where I am." 

            After World War II, God blessed Mother and Daddy with forty-eight Christmases together; and now, they're HOME with Him - together forever.

(Happy 93rd birthday, Daddy, from your li'lun.)


1 I'LL BE HOME FOR CHRISTMAS. Lyrics Kim Gannon, 1943.

                          


0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP