O Come All Ye FAITHFUL, Joyful, and Triumphant

>> Friday, December 5, 2014

My Dan, my Ben, and my nephew, Daniel
All dressed up for a special Christmas wedding, 1991




"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, FAITHFUL in prayer." (Romans 12:12)




               Because snow's a rare treasure in Alabama, my Dan as a little boy of 7 hurriedly pulled on his winter jacket, cap, mittens, and boots and rushed outside after seeing a few white flakes floating in the air. Through the window, I watched my boy plop down on the grass and bow his head. When he opened those eyes as blue as cornflowers, a shower of snowflakes swirled around him. He looked into the heavens and gave God a quick thumbs up and a thankful grin.

             Hebrews 11:1 defines FAITH as the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see. Jesus once called a little child unto Himself and said, "I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get to the Kingdom of Heaven" (Matt. 18:3).

Dear Heavenly Father,
               I ask that my beloved readers be FAITHFUL, hopeful, and confident in You, Lord God. May we all come and adore You this Christmas.
                                                            In Jesus' name I pray,
                                                               Amen and amen 


O Come All Ye FAITHFUL
Joyful and triumphant
O come ye, O come ye to Bethlehem.
Come and behold Him,
Born the King of angels;
O come, let us adore Him, 
O come, let us adore Him,              
O come, let us adore Him,              
Christ the Lord!1

1 O COME ALL YE FAITHFUL. John Wade, 1700s.             


0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP