Do Not Be Afraid or Discouraged!

>> Friday, January 23, 2015

My I-asked-God-for-twenty-years son-in-law and my sweet grandson



"Haven't I commanded you? Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9 HCSB)



                You may be asking, "Jill, did you really ask God for your son-in-law for twenty years?"
                Yep, sure did! When our Rebecca was two, I began asking the Lord to choose her husband and to please not let her marry anyone else. She and Stephen met the first day of seventh grade; and after years of being best friends, in 2004 they became "best friends forever." Today, even though my baby girl lives five hundred miles away, I don't worry about her, because Stephen and Jesus are right beside her wherever she goes.

Beloved are you afraid or discouraged today? Be strong! Be courageous! The greater-than-best friend you'll ever have is with you everywhere you go. And His name is Jesus!




0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP