Time of Preparation

>> Tuesday, January 13, 2015

My little great-nephew, my Dan, and my niece



The Lord spoke to Joshua son of Nun, who had served Moses, "My servant is dead. Now you and all the people PREPARE to cross over the Jordan to the land I am giving the Israelites." (Joshua 1:2) 


                  When his mom and Uncle Dan put on camo, my little nephew thought he was prepared to deer hunt. He grabbed his camouflage hoody, toy rifle, and plastic knife and said, "I'm ready!" - not realizing that years of preparation and maturity are necessary before he's truly equipped to hunt. 

            A repetitive pattern in Scripture is God calling men and women to great things and then casting them into a grueling time of preparation. A wise one once said, "God doesn't call the prepared; He prepares the called." God called David warrior/king and prepared him in the stink of a sheep pasture. God called Joseph prince and prepared him in a cold, damp prison. God called Moses deliverer and prepared him for 40 years on the back side of a sweltering desert. 

            Has God called you to something you don't see happening? Maybe you're in His time of preparation. Diligently learn well, wait expectantly for His appointed time, and prepare to be His vessel of honor, meet for His use.

"Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for way, my fingers for battle" (Psalm 144:1). ~ Quote by King David, who never lost in combat. 

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP