Blind-Sided

>> Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Kids, Grands, and a couple of strangers at Jackson Creek



"Always be full of joy in the LORD...for I have learned to be content with whatever..." (Phil. 4:4,11)



Back home after a fun-filled, laughter-packed, extraordinarily marvelous week with kids and grands, a crushing, empty-nest tsunami blind-sided me. It took about an hour of praying, quoting Scripture, singing praise songs, and listening to the Lord to steady my mind, settle my heart, and realign my emotions. 

In the wake Paul's "always be full of joy" and "I have learned to be content" of Philippians chapter 4, the old apostle spilled the secret of contentment: "For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength." (Phil. 4:13)

If contentment was possible for a many times beaten, stoned, ship-wrecked, and imprisoned Paul, then contentment through Christ, beloved, is available for you and for me at all times, in every circumstance. Look to Jesus, rejoice, and stand your ground!



0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP