What Can I Do

>> Thursday, May 4, 2017

L-R Dan, Danny, and Evelyn Huizar
1989




"...What a trooper he has been! He's always been tireless in his prayers for you, praying that you'll stand firm, mature, and confident in everything God wants you to do." (Col. 4:12 The Message)




Ring, ring (or rather, John Legend's rendition of "O, What a Wonderful Child").

"It's Dan Huizar," I told Phillip and handed him the cell phone.

"Hi, Dan," said Phillip.

"Hi, Phillip. I'm calling to ask what I what I can do for the Lord," said Dan.

(Since we met Dan Huizar in 1989, he's lost his son, his beloved wife, and his good health and strength.  Now mostly homebound, this dear saint of the Most High God is still asking what he can do for the Lord Jesus Christ. What a trooper!

"I think God can use you in a powerful way in prayer ministry," said Phillip.

(I'm mailing him a prayer list today.)

Beloved, when was the last time you asked Jesus, "Lord, what can I do for you?"




0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP