The One and Only Foundation

>> Friday, May 12, 2017

The Phillip Glassco Clan, 2016
(A.K.A. The Willowkins Family)





"Because of God's grace to me, I have laid the foundation like an expert builder. Now others are building on it. But whoever is building on this foundation must be careful. For no one can lay any foundation other than the one we already have - Jesus Christ." (1 Cor. 3:10-11)



In five of my six children's books, God built the skeletal structure of the story before one word was nailed to a page.

In The Schoolhouse, God provide my grandmother's 1955, 14-page letter describing her 1916 experience as a young teacher in a one-room schoolhouse in the backwoods mountains of Tennessee.

In Secrets of Shiloh, He provided a tale from a build-a-story game my Rebecca and I played to stay connected over the 500-mile separation.

In Hoot Owl Hollow, years ago, God gave that story to a dreaming teenager - me.

In Mr. Greenleaf's Unforgettable Summer, He creatively played out that story before my eyes the summer that a little, green tree frog lived in my watering pot on my back porch.

In The Willowkins Family Christmas, God fun-lovingly planted a field mouse and speckled, gray tree frog together in a knothole in our big oak tree house just days before our last year's family Christmas gathering.

But in A Chancellor Ferry Tale, He only laid the foundation of the story with the Coosa River setting and a main character - a 5-legged praying mantis that our oldest grandson found clinging to our porch post.

In his letter to the Corinthian Church, Paul instructed this community of believers to build their lives and their church on the only viable foundation - the Lord Jesus Christ. Without doubt or exception, a life or church established on any other foundation will crumble, fall, and fail.

Foundation check. What's your life built on, beloved?




0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP