40 Clear Straws

>> Thursday, September 14, 2017

my superman with our Rebecca and family
Sannibel Island, 2016
(best picture I could find with "straws")






"Suppose you see a brother or sister who has no food or clothing, and you say, 'Good-bye and have a good day; stay warm and eat well' - but then you don't give that person any food or clothing. What good does that do?" (James 2:15-16)



Follow up to Tuesday's post: "The President and a Tractor"
by guest writer: Rebecca Jill

"What do you mean your burden is light, Jesus? Right now, it seems complicated and cumbersome to follow You," I prayed.

Jesus answered, "Come to Me...take up My yoke and learn from Me."

"What is your yoke?" I replied.

"It's sacrifice. It's service. It's meeting someone's need," He said.

"Then give me eyes to see the needs around me, Jesus."

Later, I read my mom's blog post, which admonished me to "serve another and meet a need."

I prayed again, "Let me see the need. Where is it? What do You want me to do?"

I opened my email. The first new email title read, "NEED." I braced myself. I knew I was supposed to meet the need, but I doubted that I would be able to. 

"I need 40 clear straws," the emailer explained.

I smiled so big. I buy clear straws in bulk at Sam's. I have an abundance of clear straws!

"Yes! I can fill the need for 40 clear straws!" I replied excitedly.

I am so thankful. How kind and loving is our God! To think He allowed me to help and included me in His work. I am so thrilled. Forty clear straws probably sounds insignificant. When I think about it, it's easy to dismiss as a silly pie in the sky idea. But right now, it doesn't matter to me how silly it seems. I am sure that God asked me to give straws. It's a privilege to be asked to participate in His work no matter how small my part may seem.

"We can do no great things; we can only do small things with great love." ~ Mother Teresa


0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP