Because Jesus Said So

>> Monday, September 18, 2017

Robin Hood Lane Gang
(first three on the left are our kids)



"Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you."
(Ephesians 4:32)





I was caught off guard recently by the question:  How do I get rid of unforgiveness I'm harboring in my heart?


I stumbled and bumbled and fumbled out some "helpful" advice, but should have said: "Let it go and choose forgiveness! Jesus said so." 

Many, many moons ago when our kids were small in another church in another state, our family brought some different-looking children from a women's shelter to Wednesday night supper, and a couple of elderly ladies treated the children - well, let me just say they weren't kind and tenderhearted. I was furious with those "old ladies" and wasn't feeling very tenderhearted myself.

When I ran out to my car to get something I needed for G.A.'s, I slipped in the rain and landed - KERPLOP - right smack dab in the middle of mud puddle. The Lord spoke to me in that mud puddle. "Jill, I didn't send you to this church to be mad at old ladies. I sent you to love the children and to love those ladies."

Got unforgiveness, beloved? Let it go and choose forgiveness. Jesus said so.

"Seeing God in everything is the only thing that will make me loving and patient with people who annoy and trouble me." 
~Hannah Whitall Smith~

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP