Writer's Trance

>> Friday, September 15, 2017

our grandgirl, 2015
(illustrator of A Willowkins Christmas Story and Seabound)




But Martha was distracted by the big dinner she was preparing. She came to Jesus and said, "Lord, doesn't it seem unfair to You that my sister sits here [at Your feet] while I do all the work? Tell her to come and help me."
But the Lord said to her, "My dear Martha, you are worried and upset over all these details! There is only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it, and it will not be taken from her." (Luke 10:40-41)





Through research for next year's children's book, Seabound, I'm learning a lot about loggerhead sea turtles. Did you know that mother sea turtles go into a full-focused "trance" while laying their eggs - oblivious to sights, sounds, critters, or people around them?

And if I'm not careful, like a mother sea turtle, I fall into a writer's trance when I'm working on a new book and neglect the more important: husband, kids, grands, friends, PEOPLE.

Let's stay alert, beloved, and focus on who we're with more than what we're doing. Jesus said so; this I know.


0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP