Overwhelmed

>> Monday, May 4, 2020

grands
Easter 2010


"I'm overwhelmed with sorrow! sunk in a swamp of despair! I'm like someone who goes to the garden to pick cabbages and carrots and corn and returns empty-handed, finds nothing for soup or sandwich or salad." (Micah 7:1)


Lots of folks I know are feeling overwhelmed these days. Are you feeling this way, beloved? 
grandboy 2020
(the same one crying in 2010 photo, who graciously agreed to send Memaw his "overwhelmed" face)

Three antidotes that counteract the poison of "depressed and stressed" are:
  1. Seeking God's face. "In the day when I cried out, You answered me, and made me bold with strength in my soul." (Psalm 138:3)
  2. Praising Him. "Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise, for the LORD is good and His love endures forever. His faithfulness continues to all generations." (Psalm 100:5)
  3. Meditating on His truth-filled Word. "Ah, LORD God! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for You." (Jeremiah 32:17)

So, open your mouth wide and lift those hands. You'll feel much better very soon.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP