When I Grow Up

>> Wednesday, July 21, 2021

 

my friend, Marie




"She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future. When she speaks, her words are wise, and she gives instructions with kindness . . . Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the LORD will be greatly praised." (Proverbs 31:25-26,30)


Developing Mrs. Alice, a zany character in next year's book, I always envision Marie, my spunky 90+ year-old friend from Kentucky. So, I asked Marie to be the "model" for a Mrs. Alice illustration, and she said, "Yes!" I want to be like Marie and Mrs. Alice when I grow up. 

According to The Wycliffe Bible Commentary (thank you Loretta and Wayne for the gift), Proverbs 31:10-31 is a famous, alphabetical, Hebrew poem about the virtuous woman — industrious, valiant, wise, and kind. What matters most, however, is her God-fearing relationship with the Lord Most High. When I grow up, I want to be like her. 

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP