Help My Unbelief

>> Wednesday, March 30, 2022

 

Phillip and grandboys
pickleball game



The boy's father cried out, "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!" (Mark 9:24)



In a pickleball game Monday evening, our opponent collapsed on the court and cried, "My Achilles tendon just blew!"

While his friend ran to get the truck, we knelt and asked Jesus to heal him. Shortly afterward, the man said, "It's feeling better!" With a little assistance, he walked to the truck.

What just happened? Did God miraculously heal a torn tendon? I do not know, but this I do know: I did not expect Him to. My faith was small.

~

In the Gospel of Mark, a man from the crowd asked Jesus to heal his son, "Have mercy on us and help us, if you can."

Jesus answered, "What do you mean, if I can? Anything is possible if a person believes."

The father cried out, "I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief!"

Jesus then healed the boy.

~

So, is the point of this post: If you believe strongly enough, God will do anything you ask? 

NO!

The point of this post is: When we pray, we should expect our God who is able to act and whether He answers YES, NO, or WAIT, we must strongly trust that He is able, He is right, He is good, He is loving, and He is all-wise. All the time.


0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP