Good News!

>> Monday, September 22, 2014

My Rebecca and our beloved Joe, 1994



"Sing to the Lord; praise His name. Each day proclaim the good news that He saves." (Psalm 96:2)


        It's becoming more and more rare these days to go to your mailbox, open a newspaper, or turn on the TV or radio and hear good news. This morning, while waiting for tests at the Kirklin Clinic, I pulled up "One Year Bible" on my phone and read today's Old Testament passage, which "just happened" to be:

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand...Though you search for your enemies, you will not find them." (Isa. 41:10,12)

         I prayed, "Lord, I hope You're telling me that my enemy, cancer, will not be found today," and the good news is that none was found. All is well. Thank You, Lord Jesus!

Are you tired of bad news? Turn off the television and open the Bible - it's full of good news from Genesis to Revelation!

"How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of the messengers who bring good news, the good news of peace and salvation, the news that the God of Israel reigns!" (Isa. 52:7)

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP