It's Shake 'n Bake, and I helped!

>> Thursday, March 26, 2015

My 2-year-old Rebecca making biscuits,
1983





"As each one has received a gift, minister to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God." (1 Peter 4:10)




In a 1960s TV commercial, a little girl helps her mom fix dinner and proudly announces, "It's Shake 'n Bake, and I helped!" 

Yesterday, two precious ladies in Bible study told heartwarming stories. J's son is incarcerated. He received one of my Christian storybooks, and it's being passed from inmate to inmate to inmate around that prison. E's son lives in a home for the mentally ill. He took one of my Bible study guides and is teaching the Word of God to other residents. Praise the Lord! God is at work, and in a small way, He let me participate. "It's Shake 'n Bake, and I helped!"

Even though little hands produce half the work in twice the time, parents enjoy working with their children and so does Father God.

Beloved...

"Trust God for great things; with your five loaves and two fishes, He will show you a way to feed thousands." ~ Horace Bushnell

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP