Wax On, Wax Off!

>> Thursday, March 19, 2015

L-R My Ben, Rebecca, and Dan
1988




"I am at rest in God alone; my salvation is from Him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation, my stronghold; I will never be shaken...Rest in God alone, my soul, for my hope comes from Him." (Psalm 62:1-2,5)





As I dressed for my post breast cancer checkup this morning, I felt a bit unsettled; so I prayed. God Almighty answered immediately, "Wax on; wax off!"



Do you remember the scene in the old movie, The Karate Kid, where Daniel LaRusso becomes fed up with the menial, seemingly pointless chores for Mr. Miyagi, but then discovers that the moves that he's done over and over and over again are actually defensive karate blocks?



Well, a couple of months ago, the LORD instructed me to memorize specific passages of Scripture and recite them day and night; and today, I understand why.

Wax on...

"Haven't I commanded you; be strong and
courageous? Do not be afraid or discouraged,
for the LORD your God is with you wherever
you go!" (Joshua 1:9)

Wax off...

"I will say of the LORD, 'My refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust." (Psalm 91:2)

Sand the floor...

"No evil will befall you, nor any plague come near your tent."
(Psalm 91:10)

Paint the fence...

"The LORD will guard your going out and coming in
from this time forward and forever." (Psalm 121:8)

Side to side...

"You will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in its season and its leaf does not wither; and in whatever you do, you'll prosper." (Psalm 1:3)



Scripture is the most powerful weapon against unrest of the soul. Dearly beloved, are you unsettled? Wield God's powerful word now!



(By the way, I got a great report. All is well. Thank You, Jesus!)

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP