Mr. Satan, I'm keeping the towel. Thank you very much!

>> Friday, March 13, 2015

Mrs. Willowkins from Mr. Greenleaf's Unforgettable Summer
Illustration by my dear friend and talented artist, Dawn Parker Copeland






"The Lord will help me.
Therefore I have not been humiliated.
Therefore I have set my face like flint,
and I know I will not be put to shame."
(Isaiah 53:7 HCSB)




This illustration of Mrs. Willowkins captures my expression after figuring my taxes last night and realizing that, for the third year in a row, my expenses in Wonderful Storybooks have once again exceeded my revenue. 


Satan whispered, "Throw in the towel, you silly woman!"

I stomped my foot and retorted, "I will NOT quit, you wicked ole devil, unless God tells me to."

Therefore, Mr. Greenleaf (the puppet) and I are chomping at the bits to visit schools, libraries, day cares, and assisted living facilities this May through August to tell children and seniors his amazing adventures across Mr. Greenleaf's Unforgettable Summer.


So, beloved, "let's not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up!" (Galatians 6:9 NLT)

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP