A Real Friend

>> Friday, January 15, 2016

My dear friend, Sheri, holding my  Rebecca
1981



"There are "friends" who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a [sister]." (Prov. 18:24)



My Ben called yesterday. "Mama, do you know a Sheri from Louisiana? She contacted me on Facebook and asked me to tell you that you've been on her mind, and she's praying for you."

Nearing 40 years ago, Sheri and I met in a newlyweds Sunday School class in Bogalusa, Louisiana and instantly became steadfast friends. A few years later, her family moved to Baton Rouge. A few years after that, my family moved to Alabama; and sadly to say, we lost touch. 

Even though a mountain of sand has slipped through the hourglass and we're grannies now, real friendship and love have withstood the test of time and distance. 

Beloved, need a friend? Jesus is the Friend who sticks closer than a brother. For the Lord Jesus said, "I have loved you even as the Father has loved Me. Remain in My love...you are My friends...I chose you...now, love each other." (John 15)


0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP