Brevity of Life

>> Monday, February 15, 2016

Our sweet toddler-grand



"I will teach you hidden lessons...stories our ancestors handed down to us...We will tell the next generation about the glorious deeds of the LORD, about His power and His mighty wonders...so the next generation will know them - even the children not yet born - and they in turn will teach their own children." (Psalm 78:2-6 NLT)



Saturday afternoon while rocking toddler-grand, I studied the  patchwork quilt over the bed...


memory squares of times gone by: our kitchen curtains, Mama's Easter dress, my brothers' bedroom curtains, a plaid smock I'd worn in kindergarten - hand stitched together by my great-grandmother in the 1960s. Three generations I knew and loved, like a mist, appeared for a little while and then vanished - a stark reminder of the brevity of life.


My great-grandparents,
Benjamin Franklin and Ella Viola Beason Robison
daughters Jessilee (my grandmother) and Sally
early 1900s


Beloved, life is short. Live each day in full throttle for Jesus.


"We have all eternity to tell of victories won for Christ, but we have only a few hours before sunset in which to win the them."                ~ Jonathan Goforth ~





0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP