Fish Tales

>> Tuesday, February 23, 2016

My boys, Ben and toddler-grand
Two avid fishermen



[Jesus] called out, "Fellows, have you caught any fish?" (John 21:5 NLT)


All my born days, from granddaddy's ponds atop Lookout Mountain to the little pond on our Coosa River farm, fishing's been a fun slice of life. It's no wonder that Lord Jesus uses His good fish tales to map my route.

Simon's deep water fishing trip in Luke 5 marked my trail to Deep Sea Publishers. The disciples' 153-fish-catch on the right side of their boat in John 21 turned my course from radio shows and newspapers to book-readings at schools, libraries, and churches. And Jesus feeding thousands with 5 little loaves and 2 small fish in Mark 6 has me looking eagerly ahead for what opportunities stand around the next bend in the road.

Need direction, beloved? Read the Bible - God's roadmap for life!

"Your Word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path." (Pslam 119:105 NLT)

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP