No Pain, No Gain

>> Wednesday, June 8, 2016

My girl and her boy




"No discipline is enjoyable while it is happening - it's painful! But afterward there will be a peaceful harvest of right living for those who are trained in this way." (Heb. 12:11)


One parenting mistake I made while raising my kids was sometimes "rescuing" them from negative consequences of their bad choices.  My efforts to block their pain in point of fact hindered God's discipline and right-living training. I learned the hard way that rescuing was NOT helping but in the long run hurting them.

"My child, don't make light of the LORD's discipline, and don't give up when He corrects you. For the LORD disciplines those He loves, and He punishes each one He accepts as His child." (Heb. 12:5-6)

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP