A Friend Who Sticks

>> Monday, February 27, 2017

My daddy (L) and a huntin' buddy, 1980s





"There are 'friends' who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother." (Proverbs 18:24)



A 1960-something conversation between my daddy and a Radio Shack clerk in Florence, Alabama is forever imprinted on my mind and heart. When the clerk learned we lived in Fort Payne, he started bad-mouthing a businessman from our hometown. 

My daddy raised his hand. "Before you say another word," he said, "I just want you to know that you're talking about my neighbor and my friend." 

That day, I learned the meaning of true-blue friend.

Are you a truehearted friend, beloved?


0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP