The Last Word

>> Monday, February 13, 2017

my boys at the farm:
Ben, toddlergrand, and superman






"This is the message from the One who is the First and the Last..." (Rev. 2:8)





At dusk on another fun Saturday at the farm, Ben asked, "Memaw, have you finished your new book?"

"Yep. Rough draft's completed. I'm just 'polishing' the manuscript," I replied.

"Well, you may not be finished after all. Look what we discovered...



Frankincense found a new friend." 

"Oh, wow! That changes the end of the story entirely. I guess it's back to the keyboard."

Almighty God, the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, has the last word in every story.😀


In a fiery furnace of persecution, the suffering church of Smyrna appeared doomed and done for. 


But Jesus. 

But Jesus, the One who holds pastors in His right hand and walks among His church, the First and the Last with the final word said, "I know about your suffering and poverty. Don't be afraid. Remain faithful even unto death, and I will give you the crown of life!" (Rev. 2:9-10)

Feel doomed and done for, beloved? Listen to Jesus. The Author of your story pens the last word: Victory!


I heard an old, old story
How a Savior came from glory
How He gave His life on Calvary
To save a wretch like me

I heard about His groaning,
Of His precious blood’s atoning
Then I repented of my sin
And won the VICTORY

Oh, VICTORY in Jesus, My Savior forever
He sought me and bought me
With His redeeming blood
He loved me ere I knew Him
And all my love is due Him
He plunged me to VICTORY
Beneath the cleansing flood!


VICTORY IN JESUS. E. M. Barlett. 1939.





0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP