Crushing Conviction

>> Monday, February 20, 2017

Wild West Outlaws
(my brother, Mark, and me, 1958)





"Wash away my guilt and cleanse me from my sin. For I am conscious of my rebellion, and my sin is always before me. Against You - You alone - I have sinned and done this evil in Your sight..." (Psalm 51:2-4)




"Is this Jill Glassco?" asked the middle eastern accent.

"Yes, it is," I answered.


"Hi, Jill. This is (can't remember his name), a marketing expert with (won't disclose the company) Publishing and your book Secrets of Sheeloh (Shiloh) has been assigned to me. I think it would make a great Hollywood movie, Jill. And I'm going to get your book, Jill, into the hands of Hollywood producers." 

"Wonderful," I said sarcastically. "And your company is going to pay for this. That's great."

(Immediate Holy-Spirit convicted sin: mean-spirited sarcasm)

"We're prepared to offer you 90 days absolutely free marketing, with only a small monthly fee thereafter."

"I apologize for my sarcasm," I said. "The goal for this book is not a Hollywood movie, but to share Jesus with children and families, and I don't trust your company. Good-bye."

Click.

Crushing conviction: "So you want to share Me through your storybooks yet you weren't ready to share Me with Mr. Expert Marketing Agent who didn't know how to pronounce Shiloh and may not know Me? Where was your focus?"

"On myself," I sadly confessed. "Oh, Lord Jesus, please forgive my sins of mean-spirited sarcasm, self-centeredness, and a missed opportunity.  Thank you for forgiveness not by my merit but by Your shed blood on the cross. Please send Mr. Expert Marketing Agent a strong witness, and please help me be prepared, whether the time is favorable or not, to proclaim the message of Jesus Christ."

Beloved, learn from my mistakes. In your home or in the neighborhood or on the job or in the world or even on a "random" phone call be ready to share Jesus.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP