Are You Ready

>> Tuesday, February 7, 2017

My Handsome Groom
September 10, 1977





"When the bridegroom was delayed, they all became drowsy and fell asleep." (Matt. 25:5)



My Phillip and I started dating at sixteen and fifteen and waited six L-O-N-G years to become groom and bride. It seemed our wedding day would never arrive, but the almost forty years since have passed in the twinkling of an eye.

Two thousand years ago in His parable of the ten bridesmaids, Jesus implored believers to stay ready and keep watch for the heavenly Bridegroom's sudden return. "For you do not know the day or the hour," He warned.

Readiness depends on relationship with Jesus. Period. 

Evidence of readiness is reflected in my relationship with others - especially my respect, love, service, and response to my earthly groom. 

"Whoever does not love whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen." (1 John 4:20)

Get ready for Christ's return, beloved, with daily tender loving care for your earthly groom or bride. 

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP