Stuck Like Glue

>> Friday, July 27, 2018

"Isaac" from Mr. Greenleaf's Unforgettable Summer
by talented artist Dawn Copeland




"For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say."(Luke 12:12)



"And he puts spiders in Halloween candy," whispered nine-year-old Isaac.

"No way," Logan whispered back.

"Tell him, Jacob."

Moon-shadow cobwebs hung heavily over the three-story mansion. Out of the darkness, a whippoorwill crooned a lonesome tune. 
~


Because I'm fully aware that my own abilities are incapable of writing this new book assignment, I'm hanging on to Jesus in every paragraph.

In the Old Testament book of Exodus, Moses received a beyond-his-capabilities assignment from the Lord and argued, "O LORD, I'm not very good with words. I have never been, and I'm not now, even though You have spoken to me. I get tongue-tied, and my words get tangled."

But the LORD answered, "Who makes a person's mouth? Who decides whether people speak or do not speak, hear or do not hear, see or do not see? Is it not I, the LORD? Now go! I will be with you as you speak, and I will instruct you in what to say." 

Beloved, ask God for an assignment far beyond your abilities, then stick to Him like glue. He will be with you and instruct  you every step of the way.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP