Uninvited Guest

>> Friday, July 6, 2018

Grands and an uninvited garden guest




"The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. May the grace of our Lord Jesus be with you." (Romans 16:20)


When the kids were teenagers, in my alcohol ignorance, I bought a pair of Corona flip-flops. (Hey, I just liked the blue rhinestones.)

The kids laughed, "Mama, you're wearing beer flip-flops."

"Nope," I retorted. "I'm crushing Satan and alcohol under my feet!"

In Genesis, the devil weaseled into the Garden of Eden uninvited and wreaked havoc. In the Gospel of John, Jesus warned, "The thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy." That old dragon can weasel into a family in many forms: alcohol, drugs, immorality, even slither through a cell phone, TV, or computer. Don't let that uninvited guest stay one more minute, beloved. Trample him with the word of God in Jesus' name and resolve to live life God's way!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP